• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

motorcycle hit by car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wane webber

Junior Member
What is the name of your state? calif. the other driver is at fault and has been cited by police. i am trying to find out the limits on that persons ins., but they wo'nt tell me. is there a way of finding out. i was in icu for 2 days, and i want to make sure they have enough ins. to cover the bills.
 


I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Senior Member
wane webber said:
What is the name of your state? calif. the other driver is at fault and has been cited by police. i am trying to find out the limits on that persons ins., but they wo'nt tell me. is there a way of finding out. i was in icu for 2 days, and i want to make sure they have enough ins. to cover the bills.


My response:

Unless their insured gives permission to divulge the policy limits, then there's no way, outside of litigation, to find out.

Where's your insurance? Oh, let me guess . . . you only had State minimums because you thought the "other persons" insurance would cover you in the event of an accident.

I get your type of case all the time coming into my office, and I turn them away because there's no money.

Next time, buy full coverage.

IAAL
 

wane webber

Junior Member
to iaal

wane webber said:
What is the name of your state? calif. the other driver is at fault and has been cited by police. i am trying to find out the limits on that persons ins., but they wo'nt tell me. is there a way of finding out. i was in icu for 2 days, and i want to make sure they have enough ins. to cover the bills.



you kinda put the cart in front of the horse. instead of asking me what type of ins. i had, you presummed that i didnt have enough. if you were a good lawyer you would have asked me that. i have full coverage, but my question was about her ins. my advice to people is to stay away from lawyers like you whom instead of being direct with there answers, answers their own clients questions before the question has ever been asked.
 

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Senior Member
wane webber said:
you kinda put the cart in front of the horse. instead of asking me what type of ins. i had, you presummed that i didnt have enough. if you were a good lawyer you would have asked me that. i have full coverage, but my question was about her ins. my advice to people is to stay away from lawyers like you whom instead of being direct with there answers, answers their own clients questions before the question has ever been asked.

My response:

You wouldn't be so concerned about HER insurance if you really had coverage. So, then, if you have "full coverage," you wouldn't mind listing your motorcycle coverage here? How about it?

And, state the name of your insurance company, too.

IAAL
 

panzertanker

Senior Member
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You wouldn't be so concerned about HER insurance if you really had coverage. So, then, if you have "full coverage," you wouldn't mind listing your motorcycle coverage here? How about it?

And, state the name of your insurance company, too.

IAAL
Vicious, IAAL, vicious.
I bet you have a very high rate of settlement, b/c not many want to litigate against you...
 

wane webber

Junior Member
To Iial

I Dont Have A Problem Listing Mine Limits, But It Only My Lawyer When I Get One That Will Have The Ins Co. Name. (it Is A Major One)
Liability 100/300, Underins. 30/60. As I Said Before, I'm Not Concerened About My Coverage It Is The Other Persons Ins. I Want To Make Sure Has Enough.
 

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Senior Member
wane webber said:
I Dont Have A Problem Listing Mine Limits, But It Only My Lawyer When I Get One That Will Have The Ins Co. Name. (it Is A Major One)
Liability 100/300, Underins. 30/60. As I Said Before, I'm Not Concerened About My Coverage It Is The Other Persons Ins. I Want To Make Sure Has Enough.

My response:

Oh, please . . . Don't add "liar" to the list of what I think of you. First, there's no harm in naming the insurance company. The only reason why you won't tell me the name is because you know, as well as I do that, second, there is no motorcycle insurance company that offers 100/300, which is "liability" coverage. Third, you'll notice that I was also correct, in that, you failed to state whether you had med-pay coverage - - which is the reason why you're so concerned about the "other" person's insurance. Obviously, you don't have med-pay.

You're quoting Mommy's auto insurance coverage.

So, you want to try this again?

IAAL
 
Last edited:

divgradcurl

Senior Member
second, there is no motorcycle insurance company that offers 100/300, which is "liability" coverage.
That may be correct, but I get my motorcycle coverage through 21st Century, and have 250/500 liability. And yes, I have collision and medpay on mine!
 

wane webber

Junior Member
100/300 lib ins

your as rude as you are stupid, i have the policy in my hands and it states 100000 per person, 300000 per accident libilty/bodily injury, i dont know where you practice law, or how long youve been doing it, but you may want to bring in a partner to help you. they way you talk sounds like the only bar exam you took was with Jack Daniels
 

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Senior Member
wane webber said:
your as rude as you are stupid, i have the policy in my hands and it states 100000 per person, 300000 per accident libilty/bodily injury, i dont know where you practice law, or how long youve been doing it, but you may want to bring in a partner to help you. they way you talk sounds like the only bar exam you took was with Jack Daniels
My response:

Hey, that was so cute! Wow, great tie-in to mentioning your favorite drink!

But, still no "med-pay". Just as I thought. And still no name of your insurance company. That's why I don't believe you.

IAAL
 

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">
Top