• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motorcycle Loan Default

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fienyxfyre

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Callifornia

Hello, I am posting in regard to a motorcycle that is parked at my friends house that he is renting in San Diego.

From what I understand a former roomate left this wrecked motorcycle at this property that my friend is renting. I saw it is repairable after some money invested and I was interested in obtaining this for a project.

I talked to my friend about this and he said that it was abandoned by the owner (the ex-roomate) and he defaulted on the loan, so I am guessing a lienholder is involved.

My question is....As I would be an outside third party is there a legal way for me to obtain this bike from the lienholder? Would it be worth my time? I am doing this as a favor to my friend to help clean up his yard and for me to get a project to wrench on for my own enjoyment. Since the original owner defaulted, does he have any say so if he came back someday and the bike was gone..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">