• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motorcycle sold while in prison by mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kjk1968

My motorcycle was sold by my mother while in prison. Bike was in my wife's name. She did not give permissions nor sign the title to anyone. Want bike back. Mother since passed away.

quincy

My motorcycle was sold by my mother while in prison. Bike was in my wife's name. She did not give permissions nor sign the title to anyone. Want bike back. Mother since passed away.
What is the name of your state or, if not in the US, what is the name of your country?

If the bike was in your wife's name, it was your wife's bike and not your bike.

You might want to look at purchasing a new bike.

LdiJ

It is your wife's legal issue not yours if the bike was in her name. Your mother has passed away and while your wife might have some financial recourse against her estate, if your mother didn't have anything or what she did have went to you, that would pretty much be a no go.

If you know who has the bike and you go after that person as having bought something fraudulently or for buying stolen goods, then that buyer would then have recourse against your mother's estate, which again, might mean recourse against you if you inherited your mother's estate. (you are not responsible for her debts but if you ended up with assets from her estate those assets could be at risk).

Bottom line...the situation is NOT simple and if you do not know all of the details and take all of the details into consideration you might make a big mess.

Silverplum

I agree with Ld, and also think Someone is lying about who actually sold the motorcycle. It was sold by the person who owned it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">