• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motorized cart accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Doraine Ostrom

What is the name of your state? This is in the state of California. I was using one of Costco's motorized carts and I put my purse over the middle post of it. I went to stand up to look at something and I stepped off with my left foot. I went to step off with my right foot but got it caught in my purse and I tripped. I fell on their concrete floor and broke my left ankle and smashed my right shoulder. I know it was my fault and Costco has tape of the accident showing that. I am wondering if I have a case to have them pay for my injury.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? This is in the state of California. I was using one of Costco's motorized carts and I put my purse over the middle post of it. I went to stand up to look at something and I stepped off with my left foot. I went to step off with my right foot but got it caught in my purse and I tripped. I fell on their concrete floor and broke my left ankle and smashed my right shoulder. I know it was my fault and Costco has tape of the accident showing that. I am wondering if I have a case to have them pay for my injury.
No.

quincy

There does not appear to be any negligence on the part of Costco.

Why do you think Costco might pay for your injury?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I'm sure it's her real name. FB shows someone with that name in CA.

Sounds like the old "I know it's my fault but maybe I can scam them out of some money anyway" scenario.
Yes. And I suspect COSCO could find this thread and use it as evidence against her.

quincy

So far all Doraine has asked us is if Costco could pay for an injury that she admits was her fault. It is not a bad question because there are in fact cases where negligence can be shared.

With the facts as presented, of course, Costco cannot be held liable for the injury and is not obligated to pay.

Doraine has not challenged our assessment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">