• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Move out notice with my wife's signature. However my wife moved to India?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Our 6 month lease is expired and We are on month-to-month rental now. Due to compatibility issues, my wife moved back to India 3 months back and disconnected all the communications with me. I staying alone for past 3 months and paying the rent.

Now I am planning to move out, but my landlord asks written notice with signature from my wife? Is there anyway I could move out without my wife's signature?

State ; California

FarmerJ

By now should we guess that every personal item like clothes and perfumes etc that she had are gone ? You may have no choice but to invite your LL in and sit down and give your LL your written notice and tell him the two of you were not getting along and she chose to vacate & move back to India , Tell your LL `this is as good as it gets and Im still moving out ! If LL wont come over then send a new copy via confirmed mail delivery and in letter repeat same, This is my notice telling you I will be moved out by ( date) My wife moved back to India because we were not getting along and she refuses all contact from me ( sign it) take lots of exit pictures to show how nice and clean you left it and its wear and tear , LL doesn't have to like it but there really isn't much more you can do.

FarmerJ

in fact if you don't want to clean it your self move out a couple days early and arrange for & pay for a professional house cleaner in advance to come in and clean the unit so you don't have to do it your self and give the LL a copy of the invoice so they can see you have already paid for it to be done. Your LL might be a bit more at ease with the situation and im positive your LL will appreciate having a professionally cleaned unit to show prospective new tenants .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">