• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving away - management company asking for W-9 form info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

$300 (for two bedroom apt).
You might remember that 30 years ago (the 1980s) interest rates were astronomical so your deposit might have grown quite a bit back then.

The current law about interest bearing accounts applies only to deposits over $750 so you will have to find out what the law was back then.

Ok, so realistically, even if they keep every penny of that $300...who cares?
Hey, Zig, since you are so cavalier about $300 I'll message you my address and you can send me a money order.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You might remember that 30 years ago (the 1980s) interest rates were astronomical so your deposit might have grown quite a bit back then.

The current law about interest bearing accounts applies only to deposits over $750 so you will have to find out what the law was back then.

Hey, Zig, since you are so cavalier about $300 I'll message you my address and you can send me a money order.
If it was a matter of go to court or pay $300, I'd pay the $300. It's the whole cost vs. benefit analysis thing ;)

Agreed about not getting tied up. Don't think we'll have to pay the management, it should be a question of having the security deposit returned with interest - from such a modest sum, we don't expect a windfall, to put it mildly;).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">