• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving children out of state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

betterthanher

Taniaeve said:
Thank you for your input. I wish that my son's father was truly interested in him the way that you are with your kids.
It doesn't matter how YOU see dad's alleged interest/uninterest. The legal fact is, the father has rights to the child just as much as you do. The child is not some piece of property you can toss in a truck and take somewhere else.

My CO currently says that we cannot take the child out of the state. It doesn't specify a move.
So what part of the legal advice you've been given is not in english? YOU can move to the next city, the next county, to the east coast or to Guam. The CHILD can not move anywhere. Get it yet?
Maybe you should give primary custody to dad, you can move AND have visitation. That sounds like a great deal to me.

Taniaeve

betterthanher said:
It doesn't matter how YOU see dad's alleged interest/uninterest. The legal fact is, the father has rights to the child just as much as you do. The child is not some piece of property you can toss in a truck and take somewhere else.

So what part of the legal advice you've been given is not in english? YOU can move to the next city, the next county, to the east coast or to Guam. The CHILD can not move anywhere. Get it yet?
Maybe you should give primary custody to dad, you can move AND have visitation. That sounds like a great deal to me.
My goodness, I don't know what I said to make you think that I would "toss my child in a truck". Perhaps you are bitter. I don't know your story so I won't jump to judgement like you are doing with me.

Taniaeve

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

One final thought - - depending on all the issues, Taniaeve, and if you insist on moving away, there is a slight chance that you can lose custody. So, always keep that reality in the back of your mind.

IAAL
I would not move away without my son. Therefore, I would not jeopordize custody, is that correct?

B

betterthanher

Taniaeve said:
My goodness, I don't know what I said to make you think that I would "toss my child in a truck". Perhaps you are bitter. I don't know your story so I won't jump to judgement like you are doing with me.
Oh please stop with the drama...this isn't the forum for the Lifetime network. The "tossing in a truck" comment wasn't supposed to be taken literally. Geez, get a clue. You are obviously not getting it, so how much more clearer do we have to make this?

We are writing and communicating in English. YOU can move. The child can not. The father has rights to the child and has every single right to fight for them, whether you like it or not. If you're not going to move without the child, then I guess you have some significant decisions to make.

BL

My CO currently says that we cannot take the child out of the state. It doesn't specify a move.
A piece of Advice : Don't even do it without the Court's permission .

You have a Court Order in Hand that specifies that " We ( can-not ) take the child out of the State " .

Are you trying to have US believe that IF you move out of the State with the Child , without the Court's approval , that it is OK ?

I'd like to see you stand up in front of a Judge and explain the difference of Take out of State and move , when you are Petitioned into court for violation of the Orders .

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

betterthanher said:
We are writing and communicating in English. YOU can move. The child can not. The father has rights to the child and has every single right to fight for them, whether you like it or not. If you're not going to move without the child, then I guess you have some significant decisions to make.

My response:

I don't know where this is coming from, but I don't believe our writer said anything about taking the child without court approval.

The Superior Court of California always retains jurisdiction (as long as Dad stays in California) and the current court orders are, during the minority of the child, subject to amendment; ergo, that's why she's going to court to allow her child to move to another State. Our writer also said that she will not move away without the child.

This is not rocket science, people. The court will allow her to move away WITH the child. It's just that simple. But, there will be significant changes to the visitation schedule that our writer may, or may not, enjoy. Plus, she's going to pay all of the visitation transportation costs.

IAAL

nextwife

Poster, be fair to your kids and DON'T take their daddy away from them. Have your guy move to you. Mine did, and if your fiance loves you, he'll work around YOUR situation. Kids need BOTH their parents. I'd have chosen having my dad around (he died when I was in my teens) over more money and stuff any day of the week!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">