• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving children out of state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i live in texas. i am divorced and have two children by my x husband. my new husband and i just found out that his father has cancer. his father lives in missouri. we are wanting to move to missouri to help out. i know that the kids are restricted from moving from dallas county. i want to keep custody of the children, is it possible that i could still be able to move? that is if i went back to court or could i move if my x husband agreed and if so how would i go about that?



I sense that you think your ex may not give you permission. The court will probably see your family plight and situation and if it is temporary, they are more likely to grant it.


I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential