• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving DCIS?Ellencee or Vrzrin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Husband37

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Realize this is mostly medical but still could turn legal.
Se ya'll are still giving good advice...little legal, medical, little real estate and a little about the sinking costs of medical a legal care. Honestly, I find the posts interesting and professional and sometimes amusing. I have a lake with a $113,000.00 home in Georgia. Free VA care that I will skip and pay my premiums for modern medicine, thank you.
Have another question regarding the supposed five year old fibroadenoma that turned into a bilateral mastectomy with extensive DCIS (7 markers total). My wife just had a PAP smear this AM and the Doctor found a growth up near the inside of her stomach wall. Remebering that she had tissue taken from her stomach to reconstruct her right breast....could this be real fibroad perhaps caused by the surgery? Could it me any kind of a micro-invasion from what was suppose to be in-situ dcis? She is now scheduled for an ultra-sound in that area as well and tomorrow is scheduled for a CT for unusual headaches. Jeez this stuff is nerve racking. Another fact, she has had 2 regular light menstrual cycles in a row at 56 years old. My questions come from simply not understanding nearly enough in regards to where those estrogen postive cancer buggers can possibly congregate? Hope either of you can put some sense to this.....realize the stats are 97 to 100% in her favor but anything below 100 still gets my undevided attention. Guess you can tell I'm still not 100 percent sure the DCIS was not invasive. Also realize once there is a propensity for growths or carcinoma it can recur vice invade elsewhere. Been there with polyps!
Both of ya'll keep it up you are providing a service.
Husband 37

ellencee

Husband37
I don't care if your house costs $13,000; if that lake has bass and bream and good fishing spots, someday I want an invitation to bring my fishing pole and can of worms and crickets--like when you can smell the bream on the bed! You guys can clean 'em, and I'll be glad to cook 'em and help with the eatin'!
I'm just going to pass along some medical literature facts on your question as for the most part, I have to plead ignorance beyond experiences in my personal life; and, I wish I didn't know that much.
Ductal carcinoma in situ, if caught in the early stages is not usually life-threatening; if left untreated 50% of patients with DCIS will develop invasive cancer. You know this information well, I'm sure.
In your wife's situation, it was not detected in the early stages when only small calcifications would have appeared on a mammogram and no lumps or external changes such as fixation of underlying tissues would have been evident.
If this mass was detected during a vaginal exam, for the purpose of obtaining a pap smear specimen, there is the very real possibility that it is a metastatic lesion as opposed to a scar tissue lump or fibrotic tissue lump.
That does not mean it is a metastatic lesion; it just means it is a real possibility.
If someone jumps in here and tells you I am full of 'you-know-what', I'll help you applaud them.
You're going to have to wait and pray this one out; we'll all help.

H

Husband37

Thanks Ellencee, I throw them all back in unless they fit perfectly in a large frying pan. Takes all of one minute to clean, bread, cook and eat. (he,he). Take pictures of the big uns and tell my grandsons theyr'e waiting on them.
I'm pretty much numb and a lot less nervous about this whole thing. Without being a pain in the rear I can now ask direct questions without making accusations of all medical providers. Wish I'd been more informed years ago. Therefore its an uncontrolled valuable, observable study that may help other family members. When it comes to spread and DCIS or metastses, I'm throughly convinced there is no positive answer, only stats that lean in her favor. Unfortunately this is one of those rare situations that would not have been allowed unless the patient refused treatment. Numerous serious mistakes were made which allowed so much time to pass. However, even though 7 markers developed over 5 years, One, then sudenly 6 more on both sides then the discovery of the grade II last.......the diagnosis by 2 of 3 pathology labs is still DCIS non-invasive and we're hanging with that while keeping one eye open in our sleep. I realize this forum and advice given are possibilities not gospel. Again whether 3, 50, or 100 percent your advice is well taken and gives us an informed advantage. As for the home, and I'm speaking for myself, not my wife, I have learned that a well kept large tent by the lake with my wife is more valuable than a lawsuit........thats real wealth. Of course if she weren't there I'd settle for a large camper after the suit! Husband 37 more!

H

Husband37

Georgia

Oops excuse me. In the middle of my last post I meant to say a grade III with central necrosis a, papillary, cribriform with margins less than one mm and maximum size of 7mm in one direction. Of course after the mastectomy the margin doesn't count in the grading, however it did count for six weeks until the 2nd surgery.....jeez this gets complicated. Wanted to clear that up just in case a surgeon jumps in with some ideas and attempts to reprimand the both of us.

Husband 37

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">