• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moving delayed 4 days because of unfinished apartment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spathuri

What is the name of your state?NJ

I have signed lease with aprtment and moving date was decided.
on the moving date, they gave me keys and went to the aprtment with my truck of luggage.when I open the apartment, it was not finished. I spoke to management,then management took keys back and gave the apartment after four days. so four days i have stayed outside with my truck luggage. I have paid extra $100/day for truck. All my expenses become around $1500, but management is offering only $500.
Can I do law suit on them? If I do how much can I get and how much it will cost for law suit.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

spathuri

Thanks for the post reply.
the lease says,
if the landord cannot deliver possession of the premises to the tenant on the date of the commencement of the lease agreement, the landlord is not responsible or liable to the tenant for such failure.

Thanks

spathuri

State is New jersy.
Thanks for the post reply.
the lease says,
if the landord cannot deliver possession of the premises to the tenant on the date of the commencement of the lease agreement, the landlord is not responsible or liable to the tenant for such failure.

Thanks

longneck

if that's what the lease says, then be happy with the $500 they offered. if you sue the LL, you will lose and have nothing. you may even get stuck with the LL's legal costs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">