• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving minor children from Mass. to Tenn.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I hope someone can help me, I have talked to the courts on several occasions and they haven't a clue what I need to do here. My situation is this:

I am currently seperated, not divorced. I am planning on moving from Massachusetts to Tennesse within 2 months. I have physical custody of our 2 children and I DO have permission from my children's father to do so. What LEGAL steps do I now need to take from here? What papers to I need to file in order to make sure this is all done properly? Right now we have an open case with the divorce department which deals strictly with child support and visitation. I'd like to have this paper work done asap so it will be much easier when it comes time to move. Thanks to anyone who can help me figure out the proper steps I need to take to ensure this is all done legally.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential