• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving out at 17.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Teenmomma0604

Im 17 and i turn 18 in March 2020. I have a son that just turned 2years old on June 4th of 2019. I dont feel like the environment im at is helathy for me and my son. There are bedbugs that my father has had for almost atleast 1 year and 6 months. They have fleas everywhere because my father has atleast 22 cats running inside and out. I just want to know what step i have to take fast so i can move out. I woukd have a safe place to go.

Just Blue

Im 17 and i turn 18 in March 2020. I have a son that just turned 2years old on June 4th of 2019. I dont feel like the environment im at is helathy for me and my son. There are bedbugs that my father has had for almost atleast 1 year and 6 months. They have fleas everywhere because my father has atleast 22 cats running inside and out. I just want to know what step i have to take fast so i can move out. I woukd have a safe place to go.
Let me guess...The "safe place" is at your BF's? If I'm correct, how old is he? Is he the father of your child? If I am incorrect, where is the "safe place"? Also where is your mother?

LdiJ

While I definitely can understand the health problems of living with a bad bedbug and flea infestation, unless your parents (both of them if your mother is still in the picture) agree to you living with someone else, what would likely happen is that CPS would order your father to get rid of the bedbug and flea problem, and if he fails then you would end up in foster care.

I will give you a hint however of how to get some short term relief from the bugs. Buy some isopropol alcohol at the drug store. You want the 91% strength if possible. Get a cheap spray bottle at the dollar store and fill it up with the alcohol. Spray down your room and your bed really well with it. Make sure that you really spray down around the floorboards of any interior wall and across the bottom of the doorway. Let the room air out. You will definitely see some relief for a few days. Repeat as needed.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The very MINUTE you turn 18, you can move out and go anywhere you want to. As long as you are under 18, you move out with your parents' permission or you don't move out at all.

So. The first step is to ask for permission to move out. If that fails, the next step is to wait till March of 2020.

justalayman

So, was the father of the child prosecuted for having sex with a 14 year old?

It would appear you do need parental guidance. Contact the state child protective services who can review both your and your child’s situation and take action if warranted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">