• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moving to another state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

terry04

What is the name of your state? pa
getting wc in pa for 3 years. i am now interested in moving to florida. will benefits transfer or will i be cut off.

Beth3

It doesn't matter where you move to. The employer continues to be responsible for your medical and related expenses caused by an occupational illness or injury until your claim is settled and/or closed.

T

terry04

thank-you beth3
my lawyer said if i move my checks would stop if i didn't keep an address in pa.
is this looked at as not being available to go back to work even though my doctor said i can't go back?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Is it possible that your attorney is confusing workers comp with unemployment? In some states, UNEMPLOYMENT checks will stop if you don't keep a local address (offhand I don't know if PA is one of them) but I've never heard of a state that will stop workers comp payments if you move out of state.

You might want to ask the workers comp board of your state directly.

Beth3

If you're getting conflicting advice from your attorney, then you need to check further. I am not expert on PA WC reg's but I find it extremely unlikely that moving out of state will affect your benefits. If you want to know with absolute certainty, then contact PA's WC Division directly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">