• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving with Child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My brother is the custodial parent of 8 year old daughter. He has had some financial hardship and we offered him to move in with us. We live about 2 hours from where he lives now. We are in the state of Washington. His ex-wife lives in the state of Idaho, which is where they filed for divorce and did thier mediation. However not in the same town, she moved away a couple of years ago. The problem is that his ex is threatening to take thier daughter away from my brother if he chooses to move. He has already found a good job and I am off during the summer and offered to do his daycare for him until he gets on his feet. Can she legally take his daughter away from him without going to court? He has been the custodial parent since she was 1 year old. He is afraid to let her go with her mom for summer visit because he is afraid her mom won't bring her back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential