• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

want2moveon

What is the name of your state? PA

husband gets kids every other weekend from after school on friday to sunday at 6pm. he knows i am in the process of moving out of state but divorce is going roughly. he gets the kids roughly 55 days 6 hours. when we talked, we agreed he would have the kids for the week they are off for easter, 1 month of their summer vacation and the week they are off for xmas. if i just decided to move even though this isn't in writing, do you think my chances of an implowment would be likely since i would be offering him more time with his children?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
not being a snot, but what's an "implowment"? If we knew that, someone might be able to answer your question.

VeronicaGia

want2moveon said:
What is the name of your state? PA

husband gets kids every other weekend from after school on friday to sunday at 6pm. he knows i am in the process of moving out of state but divorce is going roughly. he gets the kids roughly 55 days 6 hours. when we talked, we agreed he would have the kids for the week they are off for easter, 1 month of their summer vacation and the week they are off for xmas. if i just decided to move even though this isn't in writing, do you think my chances of an implowment would be likely since i would be offering him more time with his children?
Unless you get the visitation order changed before you move, the order stands. If you don't follow the order, you can be found in contempt if he wants to file the contempt action.

nextwife

Out of curiousity. Why is your "just deciding to move" MORE important than your children's right to REGULARLY see their father? Or his to see them? Is this move arbitrary or is the new place absolutely the only place you can be employed in your profession?

W

want2moveon

it is not that i am just deciding to move. sorry it sounded like that i have been in the process of moving out of state before we even filed for divorce. he is aware of the move and was in agreement with it.....until the bankruptcy didn't go in his favor. i set up a time frame that would let me complete the bankruptcy and divorce because we were in agreement i didn't have a doubt that this would be a problem. now, my time has expired here and i have house payments and bills set up in another state. my house here has been rented and my children are living out of boxes. apparently this is not his concern because he won't even take them for an extra day during the week. by the way an implowment is what a judge would grant or not grant you to move out of state which he could have filed with his lawyer to have stopped me and didn't. so now i must take the next steps.

CMSC

Did you tell the courts you were moving when you all agreed on the custody orders? You said you knew before the divorce you were moving.

W

want2moveon

no, the courts were not aware because our attorneys filed the custody arrangements. however, the attorneys are aware of the move and our informed of the date in which i am moving.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">