• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I am 18 years old and want to move out. I am currently still in high school (my last year) and was wondering if I could still move out while attending high school? Sorry if I posted on the wrong forum. And if it matters, I live in Indiana.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Where do you plan to live? Why do you think that living on your own will be less stressful? (I've been doing it for quite a long time and it's much more stressful than when I lived at home..."adulting" is hard.) Why can't you wait until you are out of high school to move out?

I have had several warnings about moving out so soon, I have someone willing to give me a home until I get more situated.

Zigner

That's good - I wish you well.
As I mentioned in my first post, you are free to move out if you wish. Of course, if you are under some sort of conservatorship that wasn't mentioned, my answer would be different.

Zigner

To be honest, it seems that you have made up your mind. I don't know your situation, so I am not going to comment any more except to say that I think you're in for a much tougher time than you believe. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence and all...

I understand the "tougher side" I was just curious to find more on the topic. I haven't really decided, I just dont want to make the wrong decision.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
One other thing, Ana.Scales. I had glossed over the fact that you said you were still in high school. Did you know when you start applying for college loans/grants (using the FAFSA) that you'll need your parent's income tax info? And you have to have that even if you're not living with them? So you'll want to make sure your moving out doesn't cause a rift in your relationship with them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">