• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mr. transmission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kamau foluke

What is the name of your state? georgia mr.transmission has had my car since 9/22/03 the transmission had a repair warranty for 2 years handwritten by the former franchise owner on the payment reciept.the warranty was due to expire 10/1/03.mr. transmission had no problem with the warranty until the transmission was found to be more trouble to fix than originally thought.now after 10/1/03 mr.transmission is saying its out of warranty .it is just a courtesy fix on their part.i need my car what can i do ????

HomeGuru

kamau foluke said:
What is the name of your state? georgia mr.transmission has had my car since 9/22/03 the transmission had a repair warranty for 2 years handwritten by the former franchise owner on the payment reciept.the warranty was due to expire 10/1/03.mr. transmission had no problem with the warranty until the transmission was found to be more trouble to fix than originally thought.now after 10/1/03 mr.transmission is saying its out of warranty .it is just a courtesy fix on their part.i need my car what can i do ????
**A: report the problem to Mrs. Transmission right away.

K

kamau foluke

i didnt realize this was comedy central.. im sorry.. i shall move to some other page. thankyou for your reply..

JETX

Your post is somewhat confusing as to the dates, but I assume what you are saying is that you took your vehicle in for service on 9/22/03 under a warranty that was set to expire on 10/1/03. They are now claiming that the warranty has expired and no longer obligated to honor the warranty. Is that correct??

If so, they are full of crap.

I would send them (and copy to the CEO) a very nice letter (certified RRR) or have an attorney do it. In the letter, spell out the dates showing that it was brought to them within the warranty period and that you expect them to honor the warranty. Be sure to include that if they refuse, you will take the vehicle elsewhere for the required repairs and send them the bill under the warranty. If they refuse to pay it, you will then be forced to consider taking legal action to recover your damages (the amount you had to pay due to their breach).

You might also mention that their conduct is in violation of the (federal) Moss-Magnuson (Warranty) Act.
For more on this, go to:
http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/15/ch50.html

BTW, 'Mr. Transmission' is actually owned by "Moran Industries, Inc". The president is Barbara Moran-Ploger.
Moran Industries, Inc.
4444 West 147th Street
Midlothian, Illinois 60445
Phone: 708.389.5922 or 800.377.9247 FAX: 708.389.9882

http://www.entrepreneur.com/franzone/article/0,5847,290718,00.html

K

kamau foluke

thank you very much JETX you were very very helpful....im taking mr transmisson down..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">