• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MRI Gone bad Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

ziploc

I am in California and a year and a half ago I went to see my Primary Care Physician he referred me to receive an MRI. At the time I had PPO coverage. The next day I went down to San Jose Medical Group to receive my MRI. I gave the receptionist my Insurance and paid my $40 co pay.

This is where it gets bad. They billed my carrier incorrectly stating that it was a routine physical exam. I had already had one that year so my carrier only wanted to pay $250. I finally got that straightened out after 6 months.

Now my carrier is trying to only pay half saying I didn't receive prior authorization...but I did. The only hitch is that supposedly my doctor recommended I go to San Jose Medical Center....not Clinic. Should this matter? The Group is a part of my carriers network, and I did have pre-authorization from my primary physician to receive an MRI.

Please help and Advise

Thanks Ton

Ray

C

CIAA

ziploc,

You should have received a "benefit determination notice" that would have included instructions on how to appeal their decision. It sounds as if you may be able to prevail on appeal.

Z

ziploc

It is in Appeal right now..and taking a long time. At the time I had private coverage but I now have my current employers HR Manager helping me out. I guess I am a little worried because they want $2500 and have sent it to collections...that's on hold as well.

Thanks for your reply

RAy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">