• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mrs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HOOTNANNY

What is the name of your state?FLORIDA

MY DAUGHTER HAS LIVED WITH ME (HER MOTHER) OR MY MOTHER (HER GRANDMOTHER) SINCE HER FIRST CHILD (20 MONTHS OLD) WAS BORN. RECENTLY SHE GOT MAD AT US AND MOVED OUT. I WANT TO KNOW IF I HAVE RIGHTS AS A GRANDMOTHER TO HAVE VISITATION WITH HER CHILDREN EVEN TGHOUGH SHE TOLD ME I WOULD NOT SEE THEM AGAIN UNTIL THEY TURN 18 YEARS OLD.

WA_DAD

HOOTNANNY said:

MY DAUGHTER HAS LIVED WITH ME (HER MOTHER) OR MY MOTHER (HER GRANDMOTHER) SINCE HER FIRST CHILD (20 MONTHS OLD) WAS BORN. RECENTLY SHE GOT MAD AT US AND MOVED OUT. I WANT TO KNOW IF I HAVE RIGHTS AS A GRANDMOTHER TO HAVE VISITATION WITH HER CHILDREN EVEN TGHOUGH SHE TOLD ME I WOULD NOT SEE THEM AGAIN UNTIL THEY TURN 18 YEARS OLD.

I'm sorry but FL is one of a few states that doesn't have grandparent visitation rights. It's supreme court has ruled it unconstitutional. My suggestion is to make up with your daughter, and try to give her some space, yes she needs advice, but there is a difference between advice, and meddling. Stop playing mom. She is in charge WA_DAD

knd2517

HOOTNANNY said:

Nope, not a one. No GPV statute in FL. They consistently rule with the parents no matter how hard the GPs try to get it changed.

My suggestion is to make nice. I don't know why she got mad at you but you need to make up with her. Apologize and try to fix it.
If she is unhappy with some way you are dealing with HER children, then stop doing it.
Bear in mind she is the parent and irregardless of what you think of her parenting skills, it's her right to raise them however she wants as long as they are not being neglected or abused.

Your one and only option in FL is to take the high road.

KND

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">