• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

msjennew

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msjennew

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Texas.

I quit my job with a company I worked for many years. When I signed my exit papers the HR person showed me how many days of vacation I hade been paid for, And how many I had left. She told they would ad it to my last paycheck. When I picked up my check the vacation pay was not on it. I ask why they told me They don't have to give it to me. Is this legal? The vacation time was earned last year. I would appericate any help with this.
I found out another employee also quit the same week I did. They paid her the vacation time she had left. Can they pick and chose who the want to give it to?

Thank you ! Msjennew

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Texas law does not require an employer to pay out unused vacation at termination, no matter when it was earned.

As long as who is and who is not granted their unpaid vacation is not determined by the employee's race, religion, national origin or other characteristic protected by law, the employer may decide who is eligible and who is not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">