• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

multiple beneficiaries liability insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rt2000

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Arizona

My cousin was killed in Arizona by a drunk driver. The drunk driver's insurance policy (also based in Arizona) apparently lists spouse, children and parents as beneficiaries (of which there are 3). BUT according to the claims adjustor there are no percentages specified and it is up to the beneficiaries to determine the split! (which doesn't appear likely at this point as one of the beneficiaries receives nothing with a straightforward split (due to overlapping disability insurance I think) and so has nothing to lose)

We have asked for a copy of the policy but have been told it is not available for privacy reasons.

This all sounds very fishy to me, especially as the adjustor appears to be taking sides, as well as stating that if no agreement is reached it lapses in another year. It just doesn't seem possible that you could have multiple beneficiaries without pre-established percentages.

Thanks for any comments/advice in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">