• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Multiple plaintiffs, with different properties

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DoruDoru

Hi,
My neighbor and I hired the same company, the same time, to replace driveway's asphalt. We have separate contracts. We are not content with the job and we want to sue the company. Can we go as two plaintiffs on the same claim? My neighbor is 86 and cannot go by himself to the court and plead his case.
Thanks

quincy

Hi,
My neighbor and I hired the same company, the same time, to replace driveway's asphalt. We have separate contracts. We are not content with the job and we want to sue the company. Can we go as two plaintiffs on the same claim? My neighbor is 86 and cannot go by himself to the court and plead his case.
Thanks
What is the name of your state?

quincy

I am Canadian, but I could not find a forum in Ontario and I presumed that the rules would be similar
Laws are sometimes similar between countries but they are rarely if ever the same. Because FreeAdvice handles U.S. law questions only, you will want to find legal assistance in Ontario.

Sorry.

Litigator22

Hi,
Thanks
No, you could not "go as two plaintiffs on the same claim"! Regardless of any variation in the laws, by definition you couldn't do that. The obvious reason being that the claims are not one and the same. They admittedly flow from "separate contracts".

Also even if we were to assume that the rules applicable to the provincial forum are so liberal as to allow you to appear on his behalf and advocate your neighbor's lawsuit, it wouldn't rest with the fact that you were permitted to file the two claims as one.

quincy

It is best that DoruDoru consults with someone licensed to practice in Ontario. FreeAdvice addresses US legal questions only. The laws in other countries are -surprise, surprise - different.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">