• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Multiple policies.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fishon916

What is the name of your state?
California.

My grandmother has multiple life insurance policies. I don't know how life ins works but all of her policies are paid for by my mother, aunt, and two relatives. Now she is bed ridden from a stroke but no one my mother and I are willing to take care of her.. out of the 4 policies.. only my mom is taking care of her. In fact my aunt or the other two hasn't came to visit my grandmother yet and its been over 4 months.. and they live 10 minutes away!. My grandmother cant read or write and I think my aunt and the two other people just duped her to signing things. I live with my grandmother and mother and became a full-time caretaker. What I'm trying to say is.. how can she change her beneficiaries. Even though my aunt, and the two other relatives has paid for the policies for years.

NONE of them has visited my grandmother yet nor have they called (did I mention you can throw a rock and hit there window from here?). I honestly think they just want money and lied to my grandmother. What is the proper way to go about this? She said she wants to change the beneficiaries to her own choosing. As I said before.. they are paying for the policy and have themselves as the beneficiary.

anteater

The policy owner can usually change the beneficiary. Who is the owner of the policies? The person paying the premiums is not necessarily the owner, although that is usually the case.

Betty

I agree - if the people paying for the ins. are the owners of the policies, only they can change the beneficiary. All changes can only be made by the owners of the policies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">