• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Murder/Homicide

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Once again, Pardon me for coming off as arrogant, but what do you want me to do, sing the star spangled banner? I love North America as a whole, United we stand. My issue is one of Complexity, and im almost positive an attorney would enjoy an opportunity to handle a case such as mine. Let me explain, I don't know where you gentleman come from, but in my small city (500,000) we are overrun with organized yet criminal facets. I am one, young, strong willed individual, against many. If you are going to be rude, ignorant, or defensive, please keep it to yourself. If their's a actual law biding citizen, with taste, pm me, and we may discuss the matter in detail. Thanks for all the responses.
This is not a matter of whether or not you love the US, North America, the Western Hemisphere, or the Earth as a whole. Rather, it's a simple matter that THIS forum handles US law questions only. I certainly hope that you can understand this now...

quincy

Once again, Pardon me for coming off as arrogant, but what do you want me to do, sing the star spangled banner? I love North America as a whole, United we stand. My issue is one of Complexity, and im almost positive an attorney would enjoy an opportunity to handle a case such as mine. Let me explain, I don't know where you gentleman come from, but in my small city (500,000) we are overrun with organized yet criminal facets. I am one, young, strong willed individual, against many. If you are going to be rude, ignorant, or defensive, please keep it to yourself. If their's a actual law biding citizen, with taste, pm me, and we may discuss the matter in detail. Thanks for all the responses.
What part of "US Law Only" are you having a hard time grasping, Lionheart? Certainly you cannot be as dense as you are making yourself out to be.

(maybe our repeated message will get through :))

tranquility

On a serious note, as I told you in the thread you deleted and cbg told you here, you need to read the policy. (And, I'll add, the application.)

In the United States, there really aren't any standard forms for life insurance. Each contract is written according to the desires. Some states have certain coverage and clauses required. Most policies have some standard clauses, exclusions from paying out tend to be more flexible and how polices assign risk. Some only pay out if you die from cancer. Others have a waiting period the policy must be in force before paying. Others don't pay for suicide. Some won't pay if there was a pre-existing condition. Still others won't pay if the insured dies while under the influence of drugs or alcohol or participating in an illegal activity even if the death is for an unrelated reason.

When a death occurs near to the time of the policy issuance, all insurers will review the application to see if there were any omissions or misrepresentations and deny payout for that.

The bottom line is to know the facts and to read the policy. See the exclusions. If the company does not pay, THEN you can see an attorney if you like. At least you'll have the reason for the denial then and deal with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">