• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Murder/Suicide Life insurance and beneficiaries question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dalerayzeen

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? The state is Oklahoma.

My brother inlaw committed a murder/suicide. He had a life insurance policy through his employer that probably was only 6 months old.

I would like to know if the beneficiaries will be able to collect on this policy? He had 5 children, only 3 were named as beneficiaries. Is there any chance the other 2 children will be able to get their share if the claim is paid?

Thanks for the help.

Bigfoot

Don't know of any life insurance company that would pay off suicide, especially if the policy application specifically excludes it. Since you know so much intimately about the policy, why not contact the company so that you can read the language for yourself? It's more likely that the premiums paid might be available to the beneficiary(cies).

deblack

suicide

my state? TEXAS

I know my life insurance policy will cover suicide after you have had the policy for 2 years. all companies are different and have different policies. most likely whoever the beneficiaries are that is who it goes to. just my opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">