• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

murder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

VEANDRA

What is the name of your state? NC

Can two people be charged with murder if there are two co defendants and one actually killed the man and the other did not? Two people shot a man that was trying to rob them and one shot the man in the head and I am not sure where the other shot him. Thank You

V

Votan

I understand your story that two men aimed and shot a third one. One bullet hit the head of the dead guy, the other landed somewhere, in the dead body or outside.

The prosecutor may feel compelled to charge both of the shooters of murder with the expectation that at least one of them will be convicted as charged, the other to a lesser degree.

It is unlikely that the two bullets hit the victim at the same time, a split of a second could make a difference with respect to the bullet that caused the death. This information is not available to the prosecutor at the early stage of the investigation. It is reasonable to charge the two shooters now, convict one later if the defense can make the case in his favor. Keep in mind that charging is one thing, convicting is another. The jury will have to reach a verdict.

D

dadrummer

Let me get this straight......all 3 people were tottin guns? The dead guy attempted to rob the other 2? Sounds like a drug deal gone bad........

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">