• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Music Copyright and Wedding Videos

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

excelsior

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I have been searching the web trying to find out the anwser to the question.

Not seems to have a correct anwser.

If I video a wedding, and place a copyright song the the customer owns and it is for private viewing is that illegal.

If I take the bridal dance song from the video and move it to the begining of the video and show a photo montage with the song is that illegal.

Where can you get information that can easly explain copyright laws for personal use.

Thanks
John

JETX

If the person receiving the video actually OWNS the song and/or album, then your using THEIR copy would be a permissable purpose. To cover yourself, you should ask to borrow the copy owned by the bridal party and use it to make YOUR copy. I would also suggest that if you anticipate using a song track on the video/disc, that you put that in your written contract that the bride is to provide an original recording for your use and that she is not allowed to copy or distibute copies to anyone else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">