• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

music licensing in a video game

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GOBELO

What is the name of your state? GA
I am a music producer/ composer residing in the Douglasville Area of Georgia. I received a call today from some performers "rappers" who wish to record four of my musical compositions. The gentleman that contacted me informed me that the music will be presented to a major video game manufacturer for use on an upcoming game. Being that I have never sold or had any of my music used in the industry before, I'm curious as to how I should approach this opportunity. I am scheduled to meet with the gentleman in a couple of days, and would greatly appreciate any advice you could give on what to discuss in our initial meeting. I pride myself on professionalism and realize that the first impression is everything in this business.
Thank you for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">