• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MVA case questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

imkayliesmimi

Had a hit & run on 9/22/03 in GA . COntacted an atty & chiropractor next day. At time of accident I was 22 wks pregnant. Saw a gen. practitioner who said everything w/ baby fine. Went to the chiro for neck & hip pain. The chiro relived me of neck pain quickly, hip pain got worse. As I got bigger in pregnancy, she was less able to adjust me & used blocks. These didn't help-actually made pain worse. Moved 35 miles away from chiro & have 1 car so unable to get to ofc for appts. Called atty to ask if I could switch chiros to one closer to me, he said wait til after the baby born & see if hip pain went away. Waited few weeks pain got even worse now I can't sleep at night, called atty again & he said to call back after the holidays. Called him back today he said sure you can go to another chiro but if the case goes to trial then you will have to explain why you haven't gone to the chiro in the last 6 weeks. Also informed me my 1st chiro closed my case & bill is $1100. Should I find another atty?

I

imkayliesmimi

OK, well how is all this going to affect my case? I don't have the finances to be responsible for bills, but I need to continue seeing a chiropractor.

JETX

"OK, well how is all this going to affect my case?"
*** Why do think that ANY of it is going to affect your case. Contact your attorney and make sure that he/she realizes you are having to see another chiropractor ('almost a doc').

Also, where is YOUR insurance during all of this??

I

imkayliesmimi

I am wondering if all my bills will get paid since I missed 6 weeks of chiropractic treatment.

I

imkayliesmimi

MY insurance is the one who is paying for everything since it was a hit and run.

JETX

Since you have FINALLY clarified the insurance source (and surprised to find out that you already hired an attorney to handle your OWN insurance ---- which is unusual!!), why not just call YOUR insurance company and explain the situation??? Then, AFTER you get a response from them, return here with it and we will try to work next.

I

imkayliesmimi

My insurance company will not speak to me regarding the accident since I hired an atty. I hired an atty b/c when I calle din the claim for the accident, the ins. co. (apparently small town) couldn't believe that it was a hit and run even though we had 8 witnesses. I wanted to make sure that the vehicle and my med expenses would be covered.

I just want to make sure my atty is working properly for me and that I won't get stuck with a bunch of bills I can't afford.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">