• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mwg6t8a

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mwg6t8a

What is the name of your state? Florida
I have a full time and a part time job. I have a FMLA qualifying medical problem and satisfy all requirements for my full time position. My pending surgury will require me to take leave. Do I have any chance of keeping my part time position under FMLA if I did'nt work the required hours?

pattytx

Each employer stands alone. So even though you qualify for job protection under FMLA from your full-time job, if you didn't work enough hours to qualify from your part-time job, then you would have no job protection there.

JustinTyme

? ? ? ........ :eek:

mwg6t8a said:
What is the name of your state? Florida
I have a full time and a part time job. I have a FMLA qualifying medical problem and satisfy all requirements for my full time position. My pending surgury will require me to take leave. Do I have any chance of keeping my part time position under FMLA if I did'nt work the required hours?
How can you work while on FMLA, especially since you are the one having the surgery ??

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Justin, he's not talking about working at his part time job. He's asking whether or not his part time job will be protected while he is on medical leave for the surgery or whether he can be fired for not working at it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">