• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My 14 yr old son expelled indefintly from all schools in. The state of Nevada , is that even leagal ? Do i have a case of discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Your right. However the school had requested to have him tested for one. Maybe my sense of reality is somewhat skewed I remember when the students education and keeping them in school to better there future was number one i remember if the child was having a hard time teachers would go to the parents house and talked to them if they didn't know how to read or simole arithmetic they wiukd teachbthem how to read as well wantingvti make a difference seems to be un heard of nowadays or skewed reality
It is STILL *your* job to advocate for your child.

FlyingRon

It's skewed because you can't experss yourself calmly and clearly in answers to simple questions that would enable us to help you.

Your student is one among many in the school.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your right. However the school had requested to have him tested for one.
What was the result of the testing? What steps did YOU (the parent) take towards establishing an IEP?

Maybe my sense of reality is somewhat skewed I remember when the students education and keeping them in school to better there future was number one i remember if the child was having a hard time teachers would go to the parents house and talked to them if they didn't know how to read or simole arithmetic they wiukd teachbthem how to read as well wantingvti make a difference seems to be un heard of nowadays or skewed reality
Yeah, that's also back when kids didn't shoot up schools every couple of weeks. Times have changed...

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I have *kids* nearly old enough to have kids your son's age, and I don't remember teachers coming by the homes of kids who ere having trouble. I *do* remember that kids either swam or sank. Kids were tracked, and tracked hard - college, mainstream, VoTech. Mainstreaming (in terms of SN kids) was virtually unheard of. My middle school was part of a trial program partially mainstreaming deaf students (I think there were 7 of them - a group of us were paired with them. I'm still acquaintances with my "buddy"...). Thing is, I DO remember that parents were more actively involved...

Just Blue

Your right. However the school had requested to have him tested for one. Maybe my sense of reality is somewhat skewed I remember when the students education and keeping them in school to better there future was number one i remember if the child was having a hard time teachers would go to the parents house and talked to them if they didn't know how to read or simole arithmetic they wiukd teachbthem how to read as well wantingvti make a difference seems to be un heard of nowadays or skewed reality
Seriously, you need to check your post for spelling errors before submitting it. If you can't be bothered to post in a comprehensible manner for the volunteers that are trying to help YOU help your child, then really...go seek a attorney that specializes in Education Law.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Seriously, you need to check your post for spelling errors before submitting it. If you can't be bothered to post in a comprehensible manner for the volunteers that are trying to help YOU help your child, then really...go seek an attorney that specializes in Education Law.
Wait - don't you want to find out what simole arithmatic is??

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
yes tmhe lives with me im a single father od 2 a son and a daughter whike he was in 8th grade the year before hus entering high school he was involved in a fight with an 18 yr old on the bus qnd was suspended for 90 days first time being in any kind of trouble then after being at the high school in the beganing of the year dec 12 th to be exact he was expelled the school said that he was habitual thats what they said the reason for expulsion I was not aware of this last incident until he was brought home never once dis i rexeive a call feom the school about and interventions never ince has he bwen in APEP which is a in school suspension
He was suspended for 90 DAYS?!! That is a very long suspension. What kind of help did you get for him because of that? How did he continue his education? Did you get him counseling? And you claim he makes As & Bs, so why did they want him on an IEP?

Dank, you're in WAY over your head. Your son needs help; more help that you are obviously willing or able to provide. For his sake, you need to work with the school district to get your son the educational support he so desperately needs. And he needs to be in counseling.

And just to be clear: it is absurd for you to throw your hands up in the air and feign ignorance because the teachers didn't come to your home to tell you your son was struggling. Did you check your son's progress online? Did you go to the Parents Night? Did YOU ever reach out to his teachers? Seriously, you are delusional if you think this is the fault of the school or the system. The fault lies SQUARELY on the parents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">