• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My 81 yr old Father suffers from ins co's negligence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My father has been insured for over 36 yrs with Woodmen of the World Insurance. We received a letter June 30th saying his cash value was completely depleted and to continue his insurance he needed to send an large sum of money and his policy would be skyrocketing to continue his coverage. It was never explained to him that his cash value would be used if his coverage cost more than they had allowed for which was being religously taken out by bank draft in the sum of $71.83(approx) per month. He was never informed when they started depleting his cash value or given an option to increase the amount taken out.He has never received an annual report-they have produced them and said he should have received them but we have witness that he hasn't nor has he received the other papers they claim to have sent to us. Is there something we can do?



I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You need to file a claim with the Insurance Commissioner and get a lawyer to bring a civil suit against the company for possible fraud and theft.

Now, you may also want to contact the D.A.'s office (let your attorney decide) to have them bring criminal charges/investigation.

One word of caution, please do not ever mention names again of people or companies. It CAN open YOU up to liability.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential