• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My 86 year old father is in debt collection by the hospital. HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

John Erickson

What is the name of your state? MI

My father lives in a nursing home and was taken to the hospital by 911 service. This was covered by Medicare(Medicaid?). When he was discharged, the hospital did not contact the family to pick him up and return him to the nursing home. The HOSPTIAL hired an ambulance service and told them to bill it to Medicare. The claim was denied because it was a non-emergency transfer. So now the hospital wants my father to pay $332 - which he can't afford. The hospital has sent the bill to a collection agency.

HELP! The hospital should have called us to let us know to pick up my father, but they didn't. I believe the hospital should eat this bill, because THEY decided to hire the ambulance service instead of contacting the family.

How can I get this matter resolved?

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">