• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my alien registration has no expiration date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ropnwidow

What is the name of your state?California, my alien card has no expiration date on it anywhere. Has a good picture but its old and my thumb is on it as well. I've been here since I was 3 months old, now I'm 42 and my mother just told me that I need to renew it every 10 years. I've never done this before, first I;ve heard of it. Please help!!

evcalyptos

ropnwidow said:
What is the name of your state?California, my alien card has no expiration date on it anywhere. Has a good picture but its old and my thumb is on it as well. I've been here since I was 3 months old, now I'm 42 and my mother just told me that I need to renew it every 10 years. I've never done this before, first I;ve heard of it. Please help!!
http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/questsans/00.12GREENCARD_QA.htm
Q. Do I need to renew my Green Card if it was issued between 1979 and 1988 and does not have an expiration date?

A. No. Green Cards issued between 1979 and 1988 do not have expiration dates and do not need to be renewed at this time. INS will develop an orderly plan for replacing these cards at a future time. (Note: If you obtained your Green Card before your 14th birthday and are now over 14, and your Green Card does not have an expiration date on it, you will still need to get a new card. You will need to go to your local INS District or Sub-Office—not an Application Support Center—and File a Form I-90, “Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card.” However, you will not need to pay the $130 application fee. You will only need to pay the $50 fingerprinting fee.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">