• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My attorney has not helped

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Weber1980!

Right. And, without a contract saying otherwise, the attorney cannot keep any unearned fees paid in advance.

It will be a matter of finding out how, and how much of, the retainer fee was spent. The attorney needs to provide you with an accounting of money spent on your case.
I agree. And I've been asking for a statement for over a week. She won't respond.

Weber1980!

Since she's in your county, you could, oh I don't know..... go to her office and demand a statement? Really - take some initiative.
I did that. Umm. She is a attorney and is in court or out in another county most the time. Secretary couldn't help either

quincy

I did that. Umm. She is a attorney and is in court or out in another county most the time. Secretary couldn't help either
Set up an appointment to meet with the lawyer to discuss your case and to get a refund of unearned fees and file a complaint with the Bar if the attorney fails to deliver a proper accounting of time spent on your behalf.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">