• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My attorney went ghost on me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

t74

OP's threads are a learning experience for those of us who have needed an attorney infrequently for estate planning and settlement issues. It should be straight forward - and is if done properly - but can be a nightmare like we are dealing with a person who insists that there is no probate in TX and won't even consult an attorney. We know there is a will but do not have it or even a copy. Between the legal requirements and the relatives, estate law must be like watching a train wreck in slow motion on a regular basis.

Steffenfield

I wrote an email to my sister's attorney over the weekend.

Gary.

I believe my attorney, ***** *. *****, has lost all interest in my case out of complete frustration with Laura.

I've only heard from him once this entire year, in which he was apologetic, and stated he would continue to move forward on my behalf within the week.

That was two and a half months ago and nothing but silence again since.

I have been shown the will but still not the trust.

How much would you be willing to charge for our parents' entire trust to be sent to me by mail?

I'm hoping for a one time service fee on this request.

So far I have spent $1,900 on attorney expenses and have been waiting patiently for two and a half years with no results.

I don't know what else to do anymore.

Thanks.
I should have rifled that message here first for review because it seems too wordy. :/

Anyway, I guess I'll wait and see if I receive a response back from him.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
OP's threads are a learning experience for those of us who have needed an attorney infrequently for estate planning and settlement issues. It should be straight forward - and is if done properly - but can be a nightmare like we are dealing with a person who insists that there is no probate in TX and won't even consult an attorney. We know there is a will but do not have it or even a copy. Between the legal requirements and the relatives, estate law must be like watching a train wreck in slow motion on a regular basis.
No one is faulting Steffenfield for having questions. Our frustration is that he opens MULTIPLE threads about the same issue, despite being asked repeatedly to keep it all to one thread. Heck, I'd be happy if he kept it to 2 threads.

Steffenfield

How can I find the Full Name and P Number of my attorney?

I need this for the grievance complaint.

And yes, I asked him by email but with no response.

I don't think I've received a message back since last year from him.

quincy

That site seems to be broken at the moment, but thank you very much for this.

I'll try it again in a few days.
Hmm. It works for me. Maybe I just have a magic touch. :)

Make sure you spell the attorney's last name correctly - and you might want to leave off the first name for your search.

Last edited:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
My issue is that in spite of repeatedly being told to keep things together, OP just starts a new thread ranting about the problem every few months.
Latest one: https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/i-finally-have-a-probate-court-date.656830/#post-3662129

It's been a long three years, but I now have an appearance on October 22nd.

In short, my sister is the executor, and after all this time, has yet to produce a single penny or promise to me, completely against our parent's intentions through their Living Trust Agreement.

She however has suddenly stated that she was verbally gifted all property.

Is there any legal information I should be concerned with given her new statement after three years with no mention on this?

Most kindly,
-From Michigan
And her documented proof of this is-?

The will, which you have a copy of, per post #7, is what matters, not some half remembered conversation. Even if.

Unless and until she can find a valid updated will that reflects this half remembered verbal promise, it does not matter.

verbally gifted ??

you gotta be kidding me !!

btw, your parents said i could have something, as well - LOL
Bogus.

I distinctly recall @Steffenfield 's parents telling me that 1/2 goes to @TrustUser and the rest to the Shriners Hospitals, specifically for Pediatric Burn Care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">