• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Best Friend (Aditya) Stuck in India

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

My best friend Aditya (Nutella) went on vacation to India with his parents and after waking up one day he noticed his parents were gone and had sent him a text saying they don't want to take care of him anymore and that he is too much of a burden for them. They had left him in India with his aunt and uncle alone and he can't contact them. Following this, they also blocked his number. Now my friend is stuck in India and wants to come back to the U.S. He has a U.S passport and money for a ticket but doesn't know what he can do. His parents won't sign over guardianship and he doesn't want to go into foster care. Please help him know the best option to get him back to America. I don't know if this problem can be solved but if anyone has any advice, I would love to hear it. I just want my best friend back.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
How old is this friend? And does this friend have any special needs, any disabilities, mental or social problems? If so, what are those? And if the answer is no, then what was the reason his parents thought him too much a burden?

How old is this friend? And does this friend have any special needs, any disabilities, mental or social problems? If so, what are those? And if the answer is no, then what was the reason his parents thought him too much a burden?
He is currently 16 years old and doesn't have any special needs or problems. He told me that he said his parents just really didn't want to take care of him. What I think is that because he comes from a traditional Indian family, his parents wanted to keep their biological son instead of the fathers step son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">