• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My bondsman stole my money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donna37

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

Now my husband was arrested had two traffic warrants. He went to jail I paid his bond in full $250. Now my husband total fine at jail was $393.00 I only had 300$ n bondsman told me he charge me 250. Now my husband was out state wrking n missed court. The bondsman came by my house told me to give him the $393.00 and he would take care of warrant and fine. I gave him the money n just found out tht my husband still has his traffic warrants and nothing was paid. Now bondsman try to tell me now tht this $393 was for him cause he had warrant thru him. Never heard of this before but I have voice recording of me giving money to his wife and us talkin bout he will take care of this. I also have txt to prove tht he told me he took care of warrants n fine. But never did. Now he changing his story. Can I press charges on bondsman for theft n defrauding me

Just Blue

Now my husband was arrested had two traffic warrants. He went to jail I paid his bond in full $250. Now my husband total fine at jail was $393.00 I only had 300$ n bondsman told me he charge me 250. Now my husband was out state wrking n missed court. The bondsman came by my house told me to give him the $393.00 and he would take care of warrant and fine. I gave him the money n just found out tht my husband still has his traffic warrants and nothing was paid. Now bondsman try to tell me now tht this $393 was for him cause he had warrant thru him. Never heard of this before but I have voice recording of me giving money to his wife and us talkin bout he will take care of this. I also have txt to prove tht he told me he took care of warrants n fine. But never did. Now he changing his story. Can I press charges on bondsman for theft n defrauding me
^reported for double posting

Just Blue

i Apologize for getting ur name wrong but can u pls tell me why I got reported again. I try deleting one thread n even contacted y’all to let y’all no. I’m confused and I’m trying to see pls how long does it take for response and/or if u were gonna be the handling my thread. Pls tell me I’m new to this I don’t no thank u
You were reported for posting two times on the same situation. You chose to post to the reported thread again. You deleted the wrong thread. Stop using text talk.

quincy

How many charges does your husband have? How many warrants were issued? Two? Both for failure to appear in court?

And you posted partial bail for one of the two?

As a note: This forum recently underwent substantial changes. We are all getting used to them. Duplicate threads have in the past been reported and immediately deleted, leaving a poster with only one thread to respond to. This eventually will be the case again. Apologies for any confusion these changes have caused.

Donna37

How many charges does your husband have? How many warrants were issued? Two? Both for failure to appear in court?

And My husband has two warrants for red light and no license on person I believe. The whole bond of $250 was paid in full for both warrants. It was Pay $393 the full amount of the fine warrant or use the bondsman and pay $250 I did not have 400 is why used-bondsman. Now my husband received a court date he missed a court date because he was an out of state for his job. The bondsman come to my house and told me the court issued a warrant. Now the bondsman told me his pay his fine only $393 or have him re-arrested and bond out again. The bondsman also convinced me to give him the $393 and he would take care of it. Well I just found out yesterday to the Marshall’s office Bondsman never paid it and my Husband Jay still has the two warrants. Now I have proof through text messages and a voice recording that the money I gave him the 393 was to go to the Shreveport courthouse but now the Boswell text me and tell me the $393 was to take care of the bondsman‘s warrant he says he had out hisself. I already know a bondsman cannot issue a warrant that the judge has to. So my concern is should I go ahead and press charges or what do I do. The bondsman does not want to return my money. He deceived me. And I have all the proof in the text messages

quincy

So ... there is a third failure to appear warrant?

I think your husband needs an attorney. He is creating more problems for himself and increasing the costs of his original offenses by quite a bit.

Donna37

Do u think that we need file theft charges against the bondsman

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I think your husband needs to show up and follow the law. Then you wouldn't be out money. If bond was revoked, you owe the bondsman more than $250 as I am going to guess that was 10% of the actual bond ordered.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Evidently you need to get A better attitude I did not disrespect you and I don’t appreciate you disrespecting me and don’t talk about my husband you don’t know him and he didn’t get his bond forfeited but evidently you didn’t comprehend that part let me give you some advice get a new job it’s easy for you to try to talk shit and disrespect people because you’re hiding behind a computer I have not even been on this website an hour before you and just blue starting with the attitude. If you don’t like your job of giving advice find another one because apparently you suck at this job and I will delete my account you should feel ashamed yourself talking to people disrespecting people and why you want to talk about the divorce with My Husband Jay assuming I’m betting that your relationship If you even have one probably is shitty. And I’m quite sure you’re the cause of it
Bond is for those who show. He MISSED A COURT DATE. Very possible he forfeited his bond.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Evidently you need to get A better attitude I did not disrespect you and I don’t appreciate you disrespecting me and don’t talk about my husband you don’t know him and he didn’t get his bond forfeited but evidently you didn’t comprehend that part let me give you some advice get a new job it’s easy for you to try to talk shit and disrespect people because you’re hiding behind a computer I have not even been on this website an hour before you and just blue starting with the attitude. If you don’t like your job of giving advice find another one because apparently you suck at this job and I will delete my account you should feel ashamed yourself talking to people disrespecting people and why you want to talk about the divorce with My Husband Jay assuming I’m betting that your relationship If you even have one probably is shitty. And I’m quite sure you’re the cause of it
So, an actual lawyer tells why you're having problems, legally, bluntly, and this is how you react?!

If anyone misunderstood what you posted, it's because you're not writing clearly.

However, I suspect that you don't understand your own situation, and that's contributing to the problem.

You should have documentation of what you paid the bondsman and what it was for. You do not seem to have done so.

Your husband does not seem to have taken his situation seriously, as he failed to appear at court. "I was out of state," is not a valid excuse. Even if. Therefore, he has complicated his situation.

quincy

I think at this point your husband would do well to have an attorney. I am afraid you are out the money you put up for bail because your husband failed to appear in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">