• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my boyfriend was in a car accident and hit a female! help us!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pudsbambi

What is the name of your state?PA. my boyfriend was driving pass the gettysburg college and hit a girl he tried to miss her but he had no where to go...she wasnt on a cross walk and the cops said no one was at fault... all we know was she had surgery today... she hit the hood and went up into the window then hit the ground.... what we want to know is does she have the right to sue??? please someone let me know!!!! :confused:

everyone has the right to sue, such as the time when the old lady spilled McDonalds coffee on herself and she sued even tho it was her fault. People can sue over the smallest things...so yes, she does have the right to sue but it doesn't mean she will win.

pudsbambi

yea but we dont want to sue...and the cops said it wasnt no ones fault plus she wasnt useing a cross walk so she would have been j walking right....so i mean she wouldnt have a case would she...also do you think its a bad thing that we call her to make sure she ok?? :confused:

you wouldn't be the one sueing. I wouldn't call if I was you. if someone hit you with a car and you were in the hospital would you want them to call you?

pudsbambi

yes i would it shows that they really care about what happened to me and not just there stupid car.....and plus jamie thinks it would help him get over it... we dont want to sue anyone but her nurse is the one that said about leagle issues :confused:

Happy Trails

pudsbambi said:
yes i would it shows that they really care about what happened to me and not just there stupid car.....and plus jamie thinks it would help him get over it... we dont want to sue anyone but her nurse is the one that said about leagle issues :confused:
You both are worrying too much. If she decides to sue, she can. Whether or not she will be successful winning, is a different story.

Your boyfriend had insurance didn't he?

stagecrewgod

As it has been said, yes she can sue but it is up to the judge to decide who was at fault... The judge will also take into account what the insurcance companies think... Theoritically, walkers always have the right of way but the laws on that have been getting less impossible to get around... If she does sue you, counter sue her for your car and mental issues because she J-Walked. But the law states (in general) that "a driver must be defensive and must have 100% control of vechical at all times and is responsible to avoid accidents and obsticals in a safe manner." Now I know that there was no where to go but this falls under the famous scams of slamming on the brakes and forcing you to hit someone from behind. You had no choice but to hit but you had to be defensive.

As for the nurse discussing legal issues... She must ALWAYS document EVERYTHING just in case there is a suit.

Also about contacting her... It is not a good idea. I was hit by a car once and I swear if I ever heard from that person I would have slit there throat because I was so emotional. Also, it is kind of admitting guilt. You should not be feeling bad if it is not your fault. The judge can use this againest you.

SomebodyUK

Hey,

Just a few words of advise, sue her for damages to your vehicle. Im telling you this from experience.

In April a stupid cyclist knocked me off my motorbike, caused alot of damage. I never got any convictions, and the accident was his fault.

After 3 months i recieved a letter on my door mat saying he was sueing me for damages and made up some cock and bull story about the accident which was untrue. As he was uninsured my insurances solicitor, who was working on my behalf, refused to counter sue because the cyclict had no insurance. Yet he was still able to persue his claim, and i really hope he loses cos if he wins he'll win on lies and that wouldnt be rite.

At the time i thought i won't sue him, it was an accident, now i know that i should of been sueing him first.

I can tell that you are honest people, and i am an honest person too. The problem is other people arn't so nice, and will stop at nothing to get money.

Don't suffer the stress i have. Ask your insurance about sueing for damages.
It may seem unfair but she won't hesitate to sue you for damages, its the way of the world these days.

Hope you get things sorted.
Shaun

pudsbambi

ok well to the one guy he did slam his breakes there are tire marks on the ground from him doing that... and to the other guy about the bike **** sorry about that... i hope you win! jamie said the cops called him today and jamies insurance still hasnt heard anything from the cops about the accident..... is that a bad thing? :confused:

Happy Trails

pudsbambi said:
ok well to the one guy he did slam his breakes there are tire marks on the ground from him doing that... and to the other guy about the bike **** sorry about that... i hope you win! jamie said the cops called him today and jamies insurance still hasnt heard anything from the cops about the accident..... is that a bad thing? :confused:
No one can say for sure. What did the police say?

Anyone can sue anyone for any reason, whether or not they will be successful----who knows?

From what you posted, Jamie doesn't seem at fault for this accident.

I know of several accidents, where a tragedy has happened and the driver wasn't sited or sued.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">