• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Buyers are avoiding closing unless I cover their cost of their hotel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaynsterh

What is the name of your state? New York
My Buyers are avoiding closing unless I cover their cost of their hotel. Our Contract was on or about july 15th, I could not close before August 25th because my seller on the new house couldn't be out before. His buyer yelled and screamed and threatened to pull out if he didn't close on Aug. 15th. Now since he decided to cave in, he wants me to pay at least half of his hotel bill for the 15 days which is close to $3500 so he wants $1750. What recourse do I have? My friends all say so tell him no deal, and let him stay at the hotel. But I am afraid I will lose the house it took me 5 months to find. I am so frustrated at this point, and I need help.

HomeGuru

jaynsterh said:
My Buyers are avoiding closing unless I cover their cost of their hotel. Our Contract was on or about july 15th, I could not close before August 25th because my seller on the new house couldn't be out before. His buyer yelled and screamed and threatened to pull out if he didn't close on Aug. 15th. Now since he decided to cave in, he wants me to pay at least half of his hotel bill for the 15 days which is close to $3500 so he wants $1750. What recourse do I have? My friends all say so tell him no deal, and let him stay at the hotel. But I am afraid I will lose the house it took me 5 months to find. I am so frustrated at this point, and I need help.

**A: I say agree.......

PghREA

jaynsterh said:

Your Buyers are upset because YOU can not close on the original agreed upon date. YOU could not close on the original date because the seller of the home YOU want to buy (which took you 5 months to find) could not be out of his home on time. It looks like it is all about YOU. $1,750.00 is a small price to pay to keep your buyers and get the home you want. Pay it!

HomeGuru

PghREA said:
Your Buyers are upset because YOU can not close on the original agreed upon date. YOU could not close on the original date because the seller of the home YOU want to buy (which took you 5 months to find) could not be out of his home on time. It looks like it is all about YOU. $1,750.00 is a small price to pay to keep your buyers and get the home you want. Pay it!

**A: you said what I was thinking but too lazy to articulate.

sefnfot

unless your contract stated that the sale was dependant on your purchase of the other house, it'll cost you 2000 to just get a lawyer to review the doc's. what does your realtor say?

HomeGuru

sefnfot said:
unless your contract stated that the sale was dependant on your purchase of the other house, it'll cost you 2000 to just get a lawyer to review the doc's. what does your realtor say?

**A: you are exaggerating.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">