• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

james miranda

My car was sent to dealership for oil change,they left oil fill cap off 3-quarts of oil blew out of engine and dripped on garage floor.my wife drove car 60-miles before error was detected.Dealer wants to replace oil without knowing extent of damage to car. WHAT recourse do I have

adjusterjack

WHAT recourse do I have
For what?

Nothing has happened yet.

Get the oil replaced and start driving the car. You'll know pretty quick if there was any damage to the engine.

As for the oil on the garage floor, better clean that up fast before it soaks in and leaves a stain. There is stuff you can buy at the auto parts store that looks like kitty litter. That'll soak up the oil and then there is garage floor cleaner for any stain that's left.

PayrollHRGuy

And a modern car in otherwise good shape with any oil in it at all is likely going to not have any damage from a 60-mile drive. I don't think it will blow much more than 1/2 of the total oil through the oil spout.

To the OP, did the oil light not come on or did your wife just miss it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">