• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My child wants her name changed. No one wants to help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in North Carolina. I just got married and my daughter wants to have her name changed to my husband's. I need to know what steps need to be taken. I have posted a 10 day letter (which I understand is needed) but that was over a month ago. Is it still vaild?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential