• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my claims check confiscated by the lienholger

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

acg_007

I live in La. my wife was in a accident with and unisired motorist and we filed on our ins. we recive a check for repairs to vehicle for $3,100 it was a two party check with us and the lienholder. We called our lienholder to see if we could just apply the check to the pricipal on our loan and fix the van out of or pockets after it was paid off. The lienholder siad no we had to get the an fixed so we did sign the check and sent ti to them to sign and forward to the repair shop. They kept it and applied it to our loan and left us a bill for 3,200 dollars at the repair shop and the repair shop is filling a mechanics lien on our vehicle. what can We do? Oh the lienholder is in Tx. We lived there when we purchased it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">