• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My contributions!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jefferycain

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky
How do they take money I was supposed to make hourly and take $9 and some change an hour out of it, lay me off and call it there contribution and not mine even though I was supposed to make that much as ordered per the prevailing wage thingy. I'm now being told that I have a little over 5,000 in there and I can't do anything with it for a year after my lay off date. Is that possible?By thingy I mean agreement. The 5,000 is in my 401k that I cant touch.

Last edited:

ecmst12

You don't WANT to take the $5k out of your 401k anyway, you're going to need it there someday. If you don't get called back, make sure you roll it over into another 401k or an IRA so you don't get taxed or penalized on it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't have a clue on earth what you're talking about. However, IF by some strange stretch of the imagination you are trying to withdraw money out of a 401k account, Federal law says when you can and cannot withdraw it.

So complain to them - if you can make yourself understood. Personally, I'm not sure it can be done.

jefferycain

wow

YOU GUYS ARE RETARDED. I don't want the money in there because its not in a very good program and its steadilly loosing money, so by the time a year has gone by the investors well have all $5,000 gone. Hense the fact I can't do anything to it per there stipulations set up with my last employer. Listen if you don't know anything about this kind of stuff just keep your mouth shut and your remarks to your self. If not be brave enough to leave a real name and some way we can talk face to face. I'll gladly tell you where I live.

Antigone*

YOU GUYS ARE RETARDED. I don't want the money in there because its not in a very good program and its steadilly loosing money, so by the time a year has gone by the investors well have all $5,000 gone. Hense the fact I can't do anything to it per there stipulations set up with my last employer. Listen if you don't know anything about this kind of stuff just keep your mouth shut and your remarks to your self. If not be brave enough to leave a real name and some way we can talk face to face. I'll gladly tell you where I live.
Retarded??? He...he...he. POT MEET KETTLE :)

CourtClerk

YOU GUYS ARE RETARDED.
You can't be serious. You make a post like the one you did originally and you have the nerve to call ANYONE retarded?

I suppose retardation is a step above uneducated moron, which you are. If you know anything about anything (which you don't), then you know EVERYONE is losing money in their retirement accounts. So, stop watching Spongebob on TV and actually turn on the news. I know they have some big words, some you've probably never heard before, so maybe you want to watch it with either a dictionary or a 10 year old so they can explain it to you as you go along.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I know quite a bit about this sort of thing, as a matter of fact. However, since your first post was written at approximately a second grade level (something I also know quite a bit about since I have degrees in both elementary education and writing) it was difficult for anyone to determine exactly what you were asking.

Now, do you want to ask a question stating it clearly and concisely so that it can be understood by grown up people with IQ's above room temperature? or do you just want to throw a tantrum like the child whose writing ability you are evidently channeling?

faithnlve

You can't be serious. You make a post like the one you did originally and you have the nerve to call ANYONE retarded?

I suppose retardation is a step above uneducated moron, which you are. If you know anything about anything (which you don't), then you know EVERYONE is losing money in their retirement accounts. So, stop watching Spongebob on TV and actually turn on the news. I know they have some big words, some you've probably never heard before, so maybe you want to watch it with either a dictionary or a 10 year old so they can explain it to you as you go along.
Ummmm, I have a son mentally handicapped..(retardation)...I find it not only offensive by your remark it shows how low you are as a human, you have no sense of compassion, and you sir are "THE UNEDUCATED MORON"!!

ShyCat

Interesting that you, faithnlve, didn't blast the OP (jefferycain) for his charming contribution of

YOU GUYS ARE RETARDED.
Selective outrage, how high and mighty of you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">