• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My courtdate is November 19th

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


maria and mia

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Any advice is geatly appreciated.....
Case summary: Child support court order enter 7/7/94.
the NCP and I were never married
the NCP's name is not on the birth certificate
the NCP ordered to pay $222.50 a month
the NCP paid thru a wage garnishment approx. $200 total
the NCP owes my daughter over $23,000
In November 2002, court signed order for a body attatchment(warrant) for his arrest.

In April 2003, he files a motion to quash the order stating that he allegedly was never served properly. I go to all the courtdates and he does not show up. Neither does his lawyer. My lawyer is an Illinois assistant state's attorney, she told me that in November she will motion to strike his motion and she said his motion will be stricken, and she also said that the body attatchment will go back into effect. Is this correct?

Here is another question? How do I get California to enforce the body attatchment there, he now resides in California. Does my lawyer have to motion for this? Do I need to do something?
What will happen? :confused:
Last edited:


maria and mia

I wonder...

Can't help it if I still get a little nervous...even though alot of my family and friends say "you have nothing to worry about".:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential