• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My daughter is an absconder from conditional release from prison!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andie.c

What is the name of your state? Florida
My daughter was convicted of two 3rd degree felonies and sentenced to 2 years probation on 4/10/17. She absconded from probation after 2 months and was rearrested in Sept. 2017. She was sent to prison for 2 years 11/14/17 with 236 days time served. She was released on 12/8/18 with 3 months 16 days conditional release. She checked in with her probation officer upon release but never went back. She has since left the county and is hiding. I have been told that the judge could go back and give her the max for those 2 charges. Is this true?

FlyingRon

In fact, I suspect she can count on substantial prison time if caught. Two abscondings is not going to engender a lot of trust on the part of the judge. She can expect up to another 8 years in the slammer when caught.

She very much needs an attorney.

adjusterjack

My guess is that the two felonies were drug related and, as soon as she got out, she started using again.

Can't think of anything else that would explain that behavior.

It's tragic. She'll eventually get caught and go back to prison. Nothing you can do about that.

quincy

Did mom really need to hear that from this forum? Isn't that a bit of kicking someone who is already down?
andie.c might not be the mom.

On June 17, 2011, andie.c was a mom writing about her three children and her ex-husband. On December 12, 2012, andie.c was a dad writing about his children and ex-wife.

As dad in 2012, andie.c said he was using his ex-wife's account and said both he and his ex-wife were drug abusers (which is why the grandparent was given custody).

The daughter of this pair of andie.c drug-abusers would have been 22 years old when she was sentenced on the felonies and is 24-ish now, based on the posting history.

If the daughter remains in whatever country she now resides, she probably will not have any problem with extradition - although it is a remote possibility. If she returns to the U.S., however, and a warrant was issued, she can be arrested at any time.

FlyingRon

She left the "county" not "country." Florida has no problem retrieving absconders no matter where in the state they hide. Doesn't even take extradition.

quincy

She left the "county" not "country." Florida has no problem retrieving absconders no matter where in the state they hide. Doesn't even take extradition.
Thanks for the correction, FlyingRon. I had an extra "r" looking for some place to go; it found the word "county" and said "aha!" :)

I agree that Florida will fetch the absconder if she only left the county. Once fetched, she probably can expect incarceration.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">