• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My daughter is in the process of devorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cvillecrelly

My daughter, south Dakota, is in the process of divorcing her husband. They have two children. She is getting the house in the devorce on the condition she pays the morgage now and in five years she refinances the house and pays him $15,000 cash. Ok here's my question: He just walks in when ever he wants and she moved someone in to help pay expenses. And he keeps telling them he has the right to kick them out. He is very controlling and abusive to her. What is her rights and the couple that is living with her?

Last edited:

Just Blue

My daughter is in the process of divorcing her husband. They have two children. She is getting the house in the devorce on the condition she pays the morgage now and in five years she refinances the house and pays him $15,000 cash. Ok here's my question: He just walks in when ever he wants and she moved someone in to help pay expenses. And he keeps telling them he has the right to kick them out. He is very controlling and abusive to her. What is her rights and the couple that is living with her?
Please ask your daughter to join, using her own user name, to ask her own questions. She should include the name of her state when she starts her thread.

It is more efficient to have the actual legal party here to answer question.

Cvillecrelly

Please ask your daughter to join, using her own user name, to ask her own questions. She should include the name of her state when she starts her thread.

It is more efficient to have the actual legal party here to answer question.
Sorry just trying to help out my daughter and she is from South Dakota.

LdiJ

My daughter, south Dakota, is in the process of divorcing her husband. They have two children. She is getting the house in the devorce on the condition she pays the morgage now and in five years she refinances the house and pays him $15,000 cash. Ok here's my question: He just walks in when ever he wants and she moved someone in to help pay expenses. And he keeps telling them he has the right to kick them out. He is very controlling and abusive to her. What is her rights and the couple that is living with her?
Has she actually been awarded the house yet? Is the agreement signed off on, by at least she and the ex? If it has, then she really needs to go ahead and change the locks so that he cannot just walk in. If they have children, she should also ask the courts to order that exchanges of the child take place at a neutral location so that he has no excuse to come to the house at all.

If he were still to come to the house to harass her and her tenants then she would need to get a restraining order. Again however, this is all predicated on the fact that the agreement is already in place or already court ordered. If nothing is signed off on yet, then there is nothing she can do until it is.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
It's useless to ask the OP questions because we don't even know if she is fully aware of all of the facts and circumstances.

Her (or his) daughter needs an attorney and/or to come here herself to ask questions, since she has the first-hand knowledge to provide accurate information.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I think the sister of the daughter in question posted on the archive forum yesterday (the tenant), but the post is gone...

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Sorry I'm new to this. What does that mean?
Old posts are stored there. There is a note:
This Forum is no longer accepting new Questions. You can Answer existing Questions. Please post new Questions in other Family Law Forums.
But it is not prominent enough, IMO. In any event - it would be best if your daughter (the one getting divorced, not the one living with her) would post herself, with her own UserID... This forum is fine...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">