• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My daughter wants to pose semi naked...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

losman

California.

She wants to model (tastefully/semi naked) for a modeling company. Now the contract says once they pay her the money for her photos they are allowed to manipulate and use them in anyway, and use her modeling name FOREVER without paying her anymore.

Is this right? Or can she get out of the contract somehow if she decides later on in life that it was a stupid idea?

Also, she wants a career in law enforcement, is this going to affect it if it gets out?

racer72

How many times have you heard of someone that did something like this and regretted it later in life. Yes, the contracts are binding. There is only one way to make sure this will never affect her future and you can probably guess what that is.

HomeGuru

California.

She wants to model (tastefully/semi naked) for a modeling company. Now the contract says once they pay her the money for her photos they are allowed to manipulate and use them in anyway, and use her modeling name FOREVER without paying her anymore.

Is this right? Or can she get out of the contract somehow if she decides later on in life that it was a stupid idea?

Also, she wants a career in law enforcement, is this going to affect it if it gets out?
**A: tell her not to do it. It is a one-sided contract that protects the company and not her.

CraigFL

And then there's all those stories about how at the photo shoot, they convinced the model to show a little more and then they hit the internet and are photoshopped.....

Roo

I agree w/ everyone else, it's a bad idea. Additionally, I don't think it would help further her law enforcement career. Things have a way of coming back to haunt you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">