• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My daughter was threatened with a knife at college!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ageoghegan

My daughter is a student at a community college in MS. On friday one of the girls in her class brought a hunting knife to school in her purse. She was reported to the Dean by my daughter and another student and was told to leave the knife at home. No other disciplinary action was taken. Today the same girl brought the knife back to school and said to another student (within the hearing range of mny daughter and the other girl who reported her that she was going to harm the two of them for reporting her. The police were called and again nothing was done but to ask the girl to leave her weapon at home. My daughter and her friend are terrified and are refusing to return to school. I know the school is trying to avoid a racial incident (the knife-weilding student is black), but doesn't my daughter and her friend have a right to a safe environment at school. My daughter is the top student in her class and I hate to see her drop out. Her husband and I have had to take her to our family doctor and he has prescribed an anti-depressant for her just so she can stop crying about this and function half way normally enough to care for herself and her family. What ahould we do? What type of attorney should we see?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">