• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Daughters Right

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SHARON203

What is the name of your state?PENNSYLVANIA....MY DAUGHTER IS BEING ADMITTED IN TO A HOSPITAL TODAY.....MONDAY...9.12.05...SHE IS GOING IN FOR SUBSTANCE ABUSE...ALCOHOL.....EATING DIS-ORDER...BULEMIA.....FOR THE LAST SIX YEARS SHE HAS TAKEN CARE OF HER DAUGHTER AS A SINGLE MOTHER....IN THE LAST YEAR SHE HAS MADE SOME MISTAKES....THAT SHE IS WILLINGLY GOING IN FOR HELP......HERE IS MY QUESTION........SHE HAS A COURT DATE FOR 9.15.05.....FOR CUSTODY....LEGAL...AND PHYSICAL......OF HER DAUGHTER........PRESENTED BY HER DAUGHTERS FATHER........MY QUESTION IS.......WHEN SHE IS DONE RECEIVING TREATMENT AND HAS BEEN WELL FOR SEVERAL MONTHS SHE WANTS HER DAUGHTER TO RETURN TO HER........THE FATHER HAS BEEN VERY CO-OPERATIVE ...SAYING THAT HE ACTUALLY WANTS CUSTODY OF HIS DAUGHTER FOR SCHOOLING PURPOSES......AND AFTER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME AFTER MY DAUGHTER IS RECOVERING.....HE WILL RETURN MY GRANDDAUGHTER TO MY DAUGHTER.........IF THIS DOENST HAPPEN THE WAY THAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO AND MY DAUGHTER SINCE SHE CANNOT BE AT THE COURT HEARING.....CAN SHE TAKE THE FATHER TO COURT FOR CUSTODY OF HER DAUGHTER AGAIN.......................PLEASE HELP.......

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
She could certainly petition for another change in custody. However, she'll have a tough row to hoe - courts don't like to keep chopping and changing things around in kids' lives. If the child is doing well with her father, it's likely a court will leave her with him. Especially since the court will want to see a lengthy stretch of being clean & sober before considering another custodial change.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">